What We Do:
The TECHNICAL COMMITTEE FOR JUICE AND
JUICE PRODUCTS has been
formed as a non-profit scientific and educational committee to provide
support to the Association of Official Chemists by providing government
agencies and other interested parties, particularly regulated
with analytical information, expertise, and methods which have
interlaboratory testing and have been found to be scientifically
It is expected that methods adopted by the Committee can be used by
and industry to determine compliance with government standards or
specifications as well as being useful for research and other
- Develop and adopt accurate methods for the analysis of juices
and juice products.
- Facilitate collaborative testing of new analytical methods.
- Facilitate acceptance of methods as official AOAC methods.
- Improve communications among government, academic, industrial
and private laboratory scientists working in the area of juice
- Recommend and acquire funding for development of new analytical
- Work with the AOAC to publish a compendium of official juice
and juice product analytical methods.
- Promote use of official methods of the Committee by all sectors
in order to obtain the benefits of uniform use.
- Maintain cooperative arrangements with other state, national
and international associations and societies to achieve uniformity in
methods. Membership is open to any person or organizational
of a governmental agency, academia, professional association, private
or firm involved directly in the analysis of juice.